Fellowship & Friendship

Fellowship & Friendship
God's Love Comes Straight To The Heart

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lessons Learned From A Friend Fighting Cancer

The Lord will guide you always Isaiah 58:11

Yesterday I had the opportunity to put on my chefs hat and make a couple of meals for a friend that is going back for another battle with chemo treatments. As she spoke I couldn't help but think how this battle with cancer has changed her.

The obvious was her weight loss but it was so much more than that. I couldn't help but think back to our first encounters. Somewhat reserved in her walk with Christ now it is bold and beautiful.There is honor in her persecution as it has created a loyalty to Christ.Her life has changed because her understanding of Christ is intimate and vibrant. Now, this woman of courage, says her prayers to a God that is sitting at her side.

Before God was a somebody now He is an everything. Paradise is now found in the eyes of her children and the laughter in the room.

Lifes small irratations are left for those that don't have to fight to live. No matter how dark things may seem to be she continues to raise the mast and say, " Let's go." Her attitude becomes the gail that sets her boat to sail.


Her why to live has become Jesus. And as nighttime fades she turns her worries over to a God that she knows full well won't be sleeping on the job.

This woman is a beacon of hope. A cloudy day is no match for her smile.She has discovered that hope is struggles most difficult song to sing but it has the richest notes. She has discovered that a life without Christ is a hopeless end but a life with Christ is an endless hope. My dear friend thank you for the message that where ever cancer may send you God is already there.

We Do A Lot Of Hugging


We do a lot of hugging
Since we got the bad news.
And no one leaves the house now
Without an " I love you."
Not that we were hurting
Before cancer came into our lives.
But the way we spread our love around
Has been a nice surprise.

I'm thankful for my family
And how they've been there for me.
I can't imagine walking down this road
Or just where I would be.

We do a lot of hugging
And thats a good thing
So when you see me laughing
Don't ask me why I sing.

The testing that I've been through
Has strengthened me.
And I knew God a little bit
But now He is my glory.

These hugs are so much longer now
Since cancer came my way.
But standing there just holding you
Is God's love song for the day.

And the tears are often flowing
Over on this end of town
So expect a lot of hugging
When you do come around.

Yes, I was blind to many things
But now I clearly see.
We do a lot of hugging
And that's good for you and me.

And this road is getting long.
But there's things I clearly see.
We do a lot of hugging
And that is good for you and me.
Brad McGill
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Daron Henson said...

@ Brad - This was a very heart-warming story about your friend's struggle with cancer. The Biblical references served the story well.


Movie Faith Tracks Make Your E-mail a faith tool

button-interview.jpg
button-thelovedlose.jpg button-riches04.jpg cots234x60.gif

Use E-Cards to reach out to others