Fellowship & Friendship

Fellowship & Friendship
God's Love Comes Straight To The Heart

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Hate Valentines Day

For Christs love compels us 2 Cor. 5:14

O.K. call me the grinch of Valentines Day. I just don't like it. Not because I don't have someone in my life to shower with affection. I don't like the fact that there are people out there that are alone and it makes them feel that much more isolated. Because it focuses so much on relationship love we forget there are many types of love.

Really folks do we need a national day to declare our undying love for another. Shouldn't I be able to tell you how special you are in my life?

Can't I say words of endearment without a person wondering what the catch is or putting on their track shoes. When I love I am so much more alive. I see rainbows and get excited. If people can comprehend that I want to give and expect nothing in return then hopefully they will learn that God's love is free for the asking.

If Christ's love compels us then we would cast off the shackles and love abundantly everyday. We wouldn't need a holiday to declare our devotion to one another. It would be a constant overflowing and have the force of a tornado.

Nothing would hold us back to want to pray often and for each other. As quickly as a need was spoken words would fly. This is the foundation I want to offer. This is the hand I want to extend. This is the heart I want to give away.

God's love compels me to want to be with you, fellowship with you and stand in church and praise His name together. This is a genuine, irresistible desire to follow Christ together.

This coming holiday let us give wings to a heart that loves like Christ. Let us take the opportunity to say, " Your friendship is vital to my walk with Christ." Then those that are lonely will know that they are a special friend and that they have touched your life.

Special Friend

I am looking for that special friend

Who can build me up in Christ.

Who can set my feet on solid ground

And challenge me in my spiritual life.

This special friend will call me

And tell me what God did today.

This special friend will need me

To laugh with them and to pray.

We'll share a time of refreshment,

Of joy, of comfort and love.

Our hearts will soar like eagles,

Our eyes searching high above.

Our hands will reach out to Jesus

Rejoicing in all that He's done.

Humble, meek and so thankful

That God would send us His Son.

Yes, I'm looking for that special friend.

Can I count on you today?

To lift me up towards heavens glory

In all that we do and say?

Brad McGill

All Rights Reseved

No comments:


Movie Faith Tracks Make Your E-mail a faith tool

button-interview.jpg
button-thelovedlose.jpg button-riches04.jpg cots234x60.gif

Use E-Cards to reach out to others