Fellowship & Friendship

Fellowship & Friendship
God's Love Comes Straight To The Heart

Monday, February 20, 2012

The Clatter Of My Heart

I have learned to be content Phil 4:11

In this quick to complain world we live in Paul is saying that as Christians we should be different. Stand apart from this self righteous, self centered society. Be satisfied, content and relax.

I have learned to be this way. I have observed others that are anxious and I choose contentment. I have a peace as I have leaned to accept God's will and trust God in my life. Today I accept God's will and not mine.

I choose not to complain any more Lord. The clatter of my heart is at peace Lord. Go ahead, put me in a dungeon such as Paul. Take away all my earthly possessions such as Job. I see your examples Lord. I have learned from your teaching Lord. Nothing can shake the roots of my joy Lord for my contentment lies in You. When the cold, dark, dreary dungeons of life come my way I will not complain Lord.

You Lord, who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of your will, has sustained me. I am done fighting You. This is my private prayer. My rebellious will and wayward footsteps have ceased to exist. I have learned to be content.

Lay my head upon your bossom with my tears rolling down your chest giving me peaceful rest. I run to thee Oh Lord for You alone are worthy. Who can set the trap strong enough to hold You? Who can set the snare without You showing me how to escape? The smallest hint of Your whisper is what I listen for. You and You alone are my confidence. I rest in thee. I have learned to be content.

This is my private prayer
Contentment shall prevail.
When my heart forgets and wants to complain
I will let praise set sale.

It has taken me way too many years
But now I understand.
Who ever comes upon my door
Shall find the heart of a contented man.
Brad McGill
All Rights Reserved

No comments:


Movie Faith Tracks Make Your E-mail a faith tool

button-interview.jpg
button-thelovedlose.jpg button-riches04.jpg cots234x60.gif

Use E-Cards to reach out to others