Fellowship & Friendship

Fellowship & Friendship
God's Love Comes Straight To The Heart

Thursday, February 23, 2012

As Deep As Your Deepest Hardship

Never Will I Leave You Hebrews 13:5

Years ago, after my divorce, I recieved a call from my ex-wife saying her knew husband wanted to talk to me. We arranged a time to meet and after some small talk he dropped the bomb. He said," In case you are wondering my intent I want to adopt your boys. You would no longer be obligated to pay the $ 3,100 for child support and maintenance."

I looked at him and said, "I told my boys they will always have my name. This is the first time and the last time we will ever have this conversation." And that was the end of that.

Seven years later when my eldest son had turned 12 he called me crying and was obviously shook up. Her husband had thrown him up against the wall and choked him.

I am glad I told my sons I would never leave them. And I am glad that our heavenly Father will never leave us.

As high as our earthly victories He is there to celebrate with us. As deep as our deepest hardship you will find His hand reaching down to us. Never will I leave you.

Our sorrows can not out run His mercies. From the rolling waves of the east coast to the gentle sunrise of the west our God will not leave us. He is our resting place from the human race. A place to run home to.

No armies can come attack us that He can not defeat. All we must say is " Help, Lord. Psalm 92:1 and He will storm the gates on our behalf.

Might I remind you that never means eternity. Never means from this point forward. Our disobedient hearts can do nothing for Him to ever loosen His grip upon our lives. Never will He let go.

Today I plead that every word you speak resonates His love. He has given us a deposit that guarantees our inheritance. The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad. Psalm 97:1. This IS the peace that passes understanding. Christian, take ownership today.

My heart dances in the truth,
Never will You leave me.
And my lungs stop their breathing.
This is why I cleave to thee.

You, my precious Father
Will never leave my side.
I am overwhelmed beyond explanation
That it is because of me that You died.
Brad McGill
All Rights Reserved

No comments:


Movie Faith Tracks Make Your E-mail a faith tool

button-interview.jpg
button-thelovedlose.jpg button-riches04.jpg cots234x60.gif

Use E-Cards to reach out to others