Fellowship & Friendship

Fellowship & Friendship
God's Love Comes Straight To The Heart

Sunday, March 20, 2011

One Heart Beat Away

.He was despised, and we did not care. Isaiah 53:3.

I heard a siren for the first time in six months and it reminded me of tragedy. Someone, somewhere would be facing tough times and hard days. Isolated in small town USA tucked back in the woods of New Jersey and living in one of the affluent counties of the state I seldom have to think about suffering.

I am reminded of a tragedy I want to keep one heart beat away. A tragedy I want to cling to. An injustice that I have allowed to be far removed from my busy activities. I am talking about the tragedy of Christ.

As I dig deeper into the reality of Christ's death and as I allow myself to indulge into the pain that He suffered for my sins I can't help but weep. Simple minded me has forgotten all that He has done. Ungrateful me has failed to pin myself on the cross next to Him.

The glory of Jesus Christ and His greatness is not something I want to forget. I want to be consumed by the Savior of the world. I want to be overcome by the one that calms the storm. I want to be touched by the beauty of the gospel and moved by the simplicity of the message.

Marriages, Christian or not, crumble eveyday. Tragedy strikes everyday. Sirens sound to draw attention to the failures of this world. We must continue to build our house upon the rock. We must continue to allow God's word to guide our every step. We must be diligent in asking God into our lives everyday.

Plow deep into who He is and what He has done. And plow deep my friends, plow deep.

Father,

I want to plow deep into Your word
And remember all You've done.
Never to forsake You.
And never forget Your Son.

The tragedy that You faced
Buried way down deep.
Touched by my Savior
Now I bow and weep.

Brad McGill
All Rights Reserved

No comments:


Movie Faith Tracks Make Your E-mail a faith tool

button-interview.jpg
button-thelovedlose.jpg button-riches04.jpg cots234x60.gif

Use E-Cards to reach out to others