Fellowship & Friendship

Fellowship & Friendship
God's Love Comes Straight To The Heart

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Beyond A Faint Echo

Thou oh Lord are our Father Isaiah 63:16

While waiting to meet a friend at Starbucks I had the opportunity to meet a father and daughter that had just come from the library. Sophia held three pictures in her hand as she danced around the room with her six year old enthusiasm. The three pictures were a guardian angel, a rainbow and a whale. She barely took a breathe as she told me a story about each picture.

As we said our goodbyes her father said " I may work for a pharmaceutical company but my real passion is my children." Their love was obvious and as we parted Sophia hugged her father Bruce and shouted, " I have the best dad ever." What a great example of earthly love this was.

As I walked away I had to ask myself some hard questions. Is my love for my heavenly Father this obvious? Is my love open, exhuberent, joyful and alive like Sophia's? Do I dance with excitement to be in His presence? Am I openly declaring to anyone that will listen that finding God is the greatest thing that ever happened to me?

As Sophia danced and pranced around the room it was apparent that her real thrill was being at her father's side. And her father said he intently listens to what his children say and then writes down what he calls " Pearls of Wisdom." We have a Father that intently listens to our every prayer. He desperately wants to hear from us. He knows us well and wants to pour out rivers of blessings to us.

Ask yourself if your heart is fixed on Jesus. Is your adoration evident? The very power of your soul must reach for Him. Call for Him in order to love Him with all your heart. For He must be your treasure to love with reckless abandon. May your love be louder than a faint echo. Declare His goodness, reflect His glory and dance in the very presence of Him.

Father,

I want my love to be so evident

So blatent and true

That when people are around me

They will only see You.

May I dance in the very knowledge

That You are my King.

There is no other reason

That I could possible sing.

You are my breathe that keeps me going

When nothing else is right.

Come my precious Savior

Fill my heart and give me sight.

Brad McGill

All Rights Reserved


.

No comments:


Movie Faith Tracks Make Your E-mail a faith tool

button-interview.jpg
button-thelovedlose.jpg button-riches04.jpg cots234x60.gif

Use E-Cards to reach out to others