Fellowship & Friendship

Fellowship & Friendship
God's Love Comes Straight To The Heart

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Moment I Shall Weep

It has been granted to you... to suffer Phil. 1:29



I watched the Hallmark movie tonight called The Lost Valentine. There was a scene that reminded me of an old friend. It was his job to deliver the gruesome news that a loved one had died while serving his country. Day after day his job was to put one foot in front of the other, walk up the side walk and deliver bad news knowing full well what was going to happen as soon as the door was opened. He said that he knew that what he was about to say would bring people to the point of weeping.



Can you imagine such an assigment such as this? Do you feel the pain that layed behind his message? Can you hear the grieving weeping of the mother, the wife before the words were spoken?



This man carried these haunting thoughts with him well beyond his discharge. He was torchured to the point of painpills, sleepless nights and hopeless thoughts. And the pain killers only numbed reality for a moment.



I find this story a loss for the kingdom with so many possibilities. And I can't help but ask myself " What If." What if he would have walked back up that side walk with a different message. What if he would have had a heart to evangelize and saw himself as a guiding light in the midst of the storm? What if he would have entered as the grim reeper but left with the message of the Messiah? Tears of tragedy turned to tears of happiness because he was a part of the miracle of redemption.



I write these words with the heart and hope of an evangelist. One day you may be on the other end of devistating news. A dear friend just found out she had cancer and called you. A coworker lost her husband due to a instant heart attack. If so, after you lend a sympethetic shoulder give them the boulder, our rock to stand on. A rock that can not be moved.



When I was young I always wanted a carving tool that I could use to burn my name into wood. God uses our heartache to show us the many hues of grace. Make yours a beautiful sight.



Father,

We exhault You

And patiently await

The very moment You call us home

To walk through heavens gate.



Although troubles may surround me

And my world is all in flames

I will patiently wait on You my Lord

And remember Your coming again.



So slay me if You must.

Cut me oh so deep.

But turn not Your back

Upon my tears

The moment I shall weep.



Brad McGill

All Rights Reserved

No comments:


Movie Faith Tracks Make Your E-mail a faith tool

button-interview.jpg
button-thelovedlose.jpg button-riches04.jpg cots234x60.gif

Use E-Cards to reach out to others