Fellowship & Friendship

Fellowship & Friendship
God's Love Comes Straight To The Heart

Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Alarm Has Gone Off

of whom we have much to say, and hard to explain because you have become dull of hearing Heb. 5:11

I have a young man that lives with our family. He has lived with us for well over a year now. His bedroom lies right below mine. Every morning I hear his alarm well before he does. For over twenty minutes it beeps and spits and screams for him to get up.

Seldom does he rise on his own. Not until I go down stairs and call his name do I hear, " Yes, I am awake."

Has the alarm gone off? Has God called your name? Is there something labeled with just your special talent that He has called you to do? Have you turned the alarm off and are you choosing to ignore it?

It takes spiritual maturity to get up and move when that something is revealed. It takes a heart of obedience. Maybe there is something or someone He has placed on your heart. Ignore it and it becomes a gnawing that ends up deep into your soul. Surrender to radical obedience and know that you are putting an eternal smile on God's face.

Those inner thoughts and constant proddings are messages from Heaven. Be obedient to the cross and touch someone that is lost. Hearing a good message or reading a good book means nothing until we " Do." God is passionate to greet the lost and we should be too.

Father,
Please forgive me
As I've been selfish to the core.
I lay now in a heap.
My heart is on the floor.

Convinced and now convicted
There are things I must do
To lead the ones that are lost
Directly to You.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad, I really enjoyed this. I love this phrase, "radical obedience". I may have to quote you brother. Praying you are well. Keep writing for His glory and our edification. He who begun a good work in you will complete until the day of His return. :)

Connie Armstrong

Beth said...

Great words as usual Brad!


Movie Faith Tracks Make Your E-mail a faith tool

button-interview.jpg
button-thelovedlose.jpg button-riches04.jpg cots234x60.gif

Use E-Cards to reach out to others