Fellowship & Friendship

Fellowship & Friendship
God's Love Comes Straight To The Heart

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Whispered In The Darkness

Ephesians 3:16 I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His spirit. Today was a great day. Today was one of those days when God used my brother Frank to speak to me about life. Brother Frank has been battling cancer for some time now.As it ravishes his body the Doctors desperately try to isolate and treat the cancer. But unfortunately they can't define it's origin or how to isolate it to treat it. It is in these questions that can't be answered that God spoke to me today. It bacame apparen that there are two types of strength and my brother has shown me both. There is an outer strength, a God given strength that takes time to develope. Frank used to sit for hours squeezing a rubber ball to strengthen his grip. His hands became so powerful that he could grip a phone book with two hands and rip it into pieces. He could grasp a can in his hand and squeeze it from top to bottom and make it look like a truck ran over it. This brute strength served him well as a small engine mechanic. But today as I looked into his eyes I saw a different strength. It was an inner strength that was robed in peace, My nineteen year old son Patrick called him admirable. This inner strength painted a picture for all to see of a man that has accepted God's command and indeed is showing us courage and strength. Joshua 1:9 says This is my command. Be strong and courageous Do not be afraid or discouraged for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. I overheard my brother explaining it this way, " Why should I cry or complain? I am thankful for everyday the good Lord grants me." To most people battling cancer it becomes a death blow. But to my brother it is a victory dance. His inner strength carries him to our Father and his Savior. Not one " Poor me" and not one " Why me Lord" has ever come out of his mouth. Just a mountain of inner strength that he whispers in the darkness late at night. This broken world can sometimes show us a picture of defeat until someone like my brother comes along and shows us the picture of victory in Christ. So my sweet brother Frank I thank you for being an example of a surrendered, obedient heart and accepting your burdens with grace beyond measure. I thank you my gracious brother For silently accepting God's ways. For taking all that He has handed you And showing us strength in these final days. This road that you must travel Is painted with a prize. And I can see your inner strength Every time I gaze into your eyes. Brad McGill

1 comment:

Corrie said...

Incredible picture you paint of your brother's strength shown through his eyes, his windows to his very soul.


Movie Faith Tracks Make Your E-mail a faith tool

button-interview.jpg
button-thelovedlose.jpg button-riches04.jpg cots234x60.gif

Use E-Cards to reach out to others