Fellowship & Friendship

Fellowship & Friendship
God's Love Comes Straight To The Heart

Sunday, January 15, 2012

I Just Passed A Pig Farm And Thought Of You

I am the good shepherd and know my sheep... John 10:14

While driving back to Minnesota I passed a pig farm in Wisconsin. The pungent smell was overwhelming and over powering.It permeated the car and made me nauseous.

I immediatly called a good friend and said, " I just passed a pig farm and thought of you." Of course her reaction was, "Whaaaaat?"

You have to know my friend. She is high fashion, dressed to the nines kind of girl. She is a very classy lady. So I had to do some quick explaining. You see, she has a very sensitive sense of smell. Like a guard dog she could always sniff things out and tell me what ingredients were in a certain dish. Knowing my friend so intimately made it easy for us to have a good laugh about the situation.

We both agreed that if she would have been in the car one of two things would have happened. I would have either had to hit the gas pedal and out run the smell. Or, I would have had to pull over at some point as she would have lost it.

I relate this to you because we have a Father in heaven that knows us intimately too. Just think for a moment that there are over six billion people on this earth. Yet, He knows what our thoughts are before we think them. He knows where each of us is going and what we will be doing before we leave the house. We have an amazing force on our team that can send the calvary when ever we need it.



Isaiah 49:16

New International Version (NIV)


16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands... My goodness Christian can you imagine how big His hands are? Can you feel Him cradle you as you walk up to heaven with Him. Gaze into His eyes Christian. Feel His embrace Christian.

I saw how He intimately cares for us two days ago. My youngest son is doing everything he can to turn his life around. He has declared that he has a drinking problem and has come to us for help. Three months ago he made some wrong choices and recieved a ticket for minor in consumption. The officer said he would recieve a court date and yet for three months nothing came.

So we decided to go to the court house and find out what was up. To our amazement his court date was set for 13 months later. This allows him plenty of time to get his life in order and stand in front of the judge nine months sober, cleaned up from treatment and a job. Did God hold back the waters and part the seas. I believe He did

I am amazed at just the thought Lord

How you intimately know us.

There is no reason to worry.

There is no reason to fuss.

It goes beyond understanding

All the things that You can see.

This is just another reason

You never cease to amaze me.

You overwhelm me in the morning.

I will praise You late at night.

Come my precious Father

Guide my steps and give me sight.

Brad McGill

All Rights Reserved

.

No comments:


Movie Faith Tracks Make Your E-mail a faith tool

button-interview.jpg
button-thelovedlose.jpg button-riches04.jpg cots234x60.gif

Use E-Cards to reach out to others